Country Banker's Core Values
- One system should work for all your customers. You should use the same approach for ag, commercial, and consumer analysis.
- Customers are worth the investment in a robust system of analysis.
- You will reap rewards from fully understanding your customer's status.
- The lending and analysis philosophy is unique to each bank. You must be able to customize and update your system.
- The system should enhance your lending experience.
- Your workload should decrease, and the quality of information you have available to make decisions should increase.
- Customer data confidentiality and protection is key to banking relationships.
- You should own your data.
- The software system should make sense from a banker's point of view.
- You should intuitively understand the system and be able to use it immediately because the design was driven by bankers.
- Information and analysis for a single customer and across the portfolio must be reliable.
- Your system should lead you to consistency and uniformity.
Thank You For Considering Country Banker
Nearly 30 years ago, after sitting on the Farm Financial Standards Council and grasping the value of quality financial analysis, I realized that our bank could do better by our customers. We could all benefit together if we had a tool to propel customers to a new, higher level of thinking about their own operation. They deserved a more accurate picture of their current finances; a better way to evaluate risk, potential borrowing decisions and expansion choices; and improved understanding about their profitability. Our bank needed a tool to simplify this higher level analysis and give us a deeper understanding of our loan portfolio.
We couldn't find a system that did what we wanted that was also straightforward, so we decided our customers were worth it and we created one from the ground up. We built it so that customer education is fundamental. Crafting a software system with no flexibility might deliver more numbers, but would not have been tailored to our lending philosophy and the unique aspects of our portfolio. Our customers needed to be engaged so they understood and appreciated this approach. The system had to be customer friendly and provide information in a format the customer could grasp and apply to their operation.
As a starting point, we knew the system had to emphasize a double-column balance sheet and allow for accrual adjusted as well as cash basis analysis. Fundamental aspects of the system include Balance Sheets; Income Statements; Ratio Analysis; Trend Analysis; Credit Quality Risk Rating; Loan Pricing; Cash Flow Projections; Pro Forma Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Ratios; and Loan Presentations.
Country Banker was born seven years ago when we decided to offer our proven system to other lenders who wanted to benefit their customers and portfolio. Country Banker customers have a heart for elevating their relationship with their borrowers and the quality of their analysis.
We hope you’ll join us.
Tim Ohlde, Founder and CEO